Re: pdb2pqr maintained by DebiChem team but in Debian Med repository?

Le Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 09:31:55PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 11:59:01PM +0100, Manuel Prinz wrote:
>
> > And what are the feeling towards the new source format? Is it OK with
> > the group to use 3.0 (whatever) or should I leave it at 1.0?
>
> Why not start using a new format if it is a new package.  There are no
> certain numbers about packages using the new format but having some
> packages in this format let us gather some experience.

I am systematically converting the packages that have a direct benefit,
for instance the ones distributed as a bzipped tar archive (I like to use
exactly the same original tarball as Upstream). But note however that some
infrastructures like backports.org do not support the new formats yet.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,