Re: pdb2pqr maintained by DebiChem team but in Debian Med repository?

Hi Michael!

Am Samstag, den 05.12.2009, 21:16 +0100 schrieb Michael Banck:
> Did you get around taking a look?  Otherwise, if you could point me to a
> public list of issues, I could try to evaluate the new upstream release
> myself.

I did yesterday and uploaded an updated version a few minutes ago. Most
of the discussion happened privately, so there's no real place to get
yourself informed.

I hope that the package will pass NEW. Copyright is my only concern but
I check with other developers and the things listed should be
sufficient. There is a fallback solution in case it doesn't.

Also, the package needs several changes to improve quality. I'm going to
address them soon. The package is functional as is, though I do not
distribute the webserver part; I also have no motivation to support that
at all, since it is quite hackish and not worth the trouble, IMHO.

PDB2PQR also contains embedded copies of code which are not needed at
all. The size might justify repacking. Any opinions on that?

And what are the feeling towards the new source format? Is it OK with
the group to use 3.0 (whatever) or should I leave it at 1.0?

Best regards
Manuel