Re: OpenVista for Ubuntu

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 08:10:31AM -0500, K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
>>  > these limitations by hacking the GT.M installer script and installing in
>>  > a fake chroot, but have run into problems with these approaches that I
>>  > believe will require upstream changes to GT.M to resolve.
>>
>> So most probably Bhaskar is your friend. ;-)
>
> [KSB] From my side, Jon is a personal friend and a valued technical
> collaborator!

That's great.

> [KSB] I found I needed to rework some of the user scripts in the GT.M
> distribution first, which I will get into the GT.M packages.  But it
> appears that creating Debian friendly packages - not just binary packages
> but Debian source packages that build into Debian binary packages is
> somewhat more complicated than I envisioned, and since it is a background
> activity, I have not made as much progress as I had hoped.

As I told you: Please do not hesitate to contact the Debian Med list in
case you think we might be able to help in packaging.  I'd suggest you
commit your preliminary packaging to our repository and we might start
having a look into it.  If you want to gain commit permissions you should
register on alioth.debian.org and then go to

    https://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-med/

and follow the link on the bottom right to apply for becoming a member
of Debian Med team.  If you commit your packaging stuff we migh be able
to work together and we might be able to take some hurdles.