GNUmed / Debian-med Live CD

Hi all,

Andreas has bugged me several times to get the Live CD stuff into SVN. I would
like to discuss a few issues fist.

The stuff I currently have produces a Live CD for GNUmed based on Debian Live.
I could check that in but it is of limited use for Debian Med as a whole.

In my view what needs to be done is to define package lists that can be fed to
Debian Live's lh_config.

These might overlap Debian Med's metapackages

http://live.debian.net/manual/html/packages.html#package-installation

For GNUmed one would simply use 'lh_config --packages "gnumed-client gnumed
server"'

1) A good start for a Live CD is the Debian Live Task 'xfce'. It could be
coupled with a package list that holds metapackages.

Another option would be to define a set of tasks like 'xfce-emr' or 'xfce-
biology' or whatnot.

What do you think ?

2) The menus for GRUB and syslinux get autogenerated. For GNUmed I have
cutomized the syslinux menu to allow for localized startup (the locales are
created depending on your kernel parameters ). Those need to be preseeded in
'foo/bar/config/templates/syslinux/common/menu.cfg'

3) not all packages are in Debian Stable /Lenny. So a custom sources.list and
apt preferences file needs to be supplied to pick up various software packages
from testing.

In short three things need to be done:
1) create a number of package lists to supply to lh_config
2) supply a sources.list
3) customize the menu

If you want I could supply a working configuration to start out with but for a
Debian-Med Live CD my config is too specific and needs work.

Let me know how you want me to proceed.

Sebastian