Re: Status of BioRuby

On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 09:03:48PM -0400, John M Miller wrote:
> I have done some translating from Perl to
> Ruby and maybe I could just be a helper?

That would be great.

To get this issue a kick start I injected the current status of BioRuby
to Debian Med SVN.  In case anybody else of the Ruby team might step in
and has commit rights if he is a Debian developer.  Non Debian
developers can be easily added to the project.  John,  I have not found
you at alioth - I would welcome if you could register and I will add you
to the Debian Med project.  You might like to read the Debian Med
policy[1].

I will update the packaging to the latest BioRuby version and apply our
packaging policy regarding group maintenance.  Once this is done I would
be glad if you take over checking the Ruby specifics to make sure I have
not broken anything.

What do you think?

[1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html