Debian Med now has a Git repository on Alioth.

Dear all,

there is now a Git repository for the Debian Med project on Alioth. While there
is no plan to migrate massively from Subversion to Git in the short or even mid
term, I requested its creation so that we have a place to explore new ways to
package programs, and so that we have an alternative for corner case packages.
I think that there is a benefit to keep most of our packages, in particular the
smallest ones, in the Subversion repository and therefore I do not recommend to
migrate packages if there is no immediate benefit.

For the moment, I will use it for two packages:

 - samtools, because git-buildpackage has nice repacking features (the current
   upstream archive of samtools contains non-free files).

 - emboss, because each time I do ‘svn-buildpackage --svn-tag-only’, the
   trunk/packages/emboss/tags/ directory of our Subversion repository grows of
   3.5 Mo.

I hope that with these two packages, I can get more used to Git and summarise a
simple workflow that I can then propose for our group policy.

Lastly, like for our Subversion repository, the Debian Med git repository is
writable to all DDs in addition to the members of the debian-med Alioth
project.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy