Re: [med-svn] r4048 - in trunk/packages/mafft: . trunk/debian

Hi Charles!

Am Montag, den 28.09.2009, 16:40 +0900 schrieb Charles Plessy:
> In the case of Mafft, we definitely want the ‘without-extensions’ version, as
> the extensions are non-free. I do not know how to treat this case, but maybe
> the best way to let our users know that we use only the free part is to keep
> ‘-without-extensions’ in the version number?

I do not know Mafft but I think the description is a much better place
for such information. I feel a little uneasy with information about a
package encoded into the version number. (With the obvious exception of
"dfsg".)

Best regards
Manuel