Re: Help with watch file

Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the package infernal contains a watch file saying:
>
> version=3
> ftp://infernal.janelia.org/pub/software/infernal/infernal-(.*)\.tar\.gz
>
> and the page
>
>    ftp://infernal.janelia.org/pub/software/infernal/
>
> actually contains newer versions than we have packaged.  Unfortunately
> I get
>
> $ uscan --verbose
> -- Scanning for watchfiles in .
> -- Found watchfile in ./debian
> -- In debian/watch, processing watchfile line:
>    ftp://infernal.janelia.org/pub/software/infernal/infernal-(.*)\.tar\.gz
> uscan warning: In debian/watch no matching files for watch line
>   ftp://infernal.janelia.org/pub/software/infernal/infernal-(.*)\.tar\.gz
> -- Scan finished
>
> which is really strange.  I tried to fiddle around a bit with this but
> without success.  Anybody able to enlighten me?
>
> IMHO we should also move the new version (1.0) to unstable.  Anything
> against this plan?

No, it is long overdue. The problem was that upstream has provided all the
sources for the documentation, too (he is editing the pdf directly), but has
somehow not sent the .bib file, which he is probably sharing with other bits
and papers.

He did not want us to redistribute anything that is worse than the
documentation's .pdf that is shipping with the sources. The first submission to
Debian was rejected because of the documentation considered non-free, but more
recently this seems to be weekened up, allowing also the redistribution of
PDFs, even without any sources to it - as long as it is documentation.

In that sense, there is now no longer anything preventing us to upload to main.
If someone reading this would like to go ahead - please do, I don't have the
time these days, but drop me an email, just in case.

Many greetings

Steffen