Re: problem with debian-med list

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 10:40:58PM +0200, Eric MAEKER wrote:
>>   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html
>>
>> If you like this it would be a good idea to creat an account on
>> alioth.debian.org
>
> Well i'm looking for any help i can find. So why not.
> Does the packaging automated on your server ? Or do i need to update
> files and compile ?

The package has to built and uploaded for one of the supported
architecture.  The reason why we keep the debian directory in our
repository is that we try to group maintain most of the Debian Med
packages to make sure they will remain in good shape even if one
maintainer might be away for whatever reason.  There is no automatism
involved.

> If i understand I put /debian/files to svn + dsc (may be orig.tar.gz) of
> stable sources and then ? ask anyone to build the package ?

You move *only* debian/files into svn (see other examples in svn).  If
you want to store *.dsc, *.orig.tar.gz somewhere mentors.debian.net is
the place to go, but this should not go to SVN.

> How do I distribute the builded package ? Do you provide a package
> deposite ?

Only official Debian Developers are allowed to upload new packages.  You
might apply as Debian Maintainer which are allowed to upload following
versions of this package if they are mentioned in the Uploaders field.
But for the moment there is no urgent need to do so.  There is a
sponsoring system in Debian which means: You prepare a package and your
sponsor (a Debian Developer) uploads the package to the Debian mirror.
This might be one DD of the Debian Med team (for instance me).

> Does the builded package suitable for the latest stable
> debian release ?

No.  Uploads go to unstable and if they do not show and RC bug they will
move to testing (the future stable releases Squeeze) after 10 days.  If
you need packages for Debian stable you need to backport them (which in
most cases is not that hard).  But there is no way to get a new package
into the *official* Debian stable.

> Excuse me for all these questions but i'm a bit lost for now.

No problem.  You are welcome.

Klarmachen zum Ändern!