Screenshoting command line applications

Hi,

at DebConf I proposed that people might do a daily screenshot of any application
which they might use and upload to

    screenshots.debian.net

I was afraid that this might end up in a D.O.S. attack to this host - but I
doubt that more than a hand full per day was actually done. :-((
At least I commited one screenshot per day since my proposal to enrichen
our med-bio tasks page[1].  When doing so I was wondering how we might come up
with some resonable default for command line applications.  The only idea
I had was to call the application by using the option which prints some
help screen.  This gives two pieces of information:

   1. It actually is a command line application (please everybody also
      go tagging for those applications which are not debtagged - see yellow
      buttons on [1])
   2. The help page might contain useful information

I have no idea whether this always makes sense - but it is some kind of standard.
Another option would be to call it with a reasonable data set - but this would
have to be done by a *real* user of these applications - not me.  On the other
hand we can always provide more than one screenshot per application.  So if
somoebody else is not happy with the help page - just make it better.

All users should please take their chance to enhance Debian Med and go for
screenshots!!!

Last greetings from Cáceres

     Andreas,

[1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio