Re: KeyID SHA1 vs SHA256

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 06:26:55PM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Has anyone started to replace their SHA-1 based gpg key ?

I did right before I started to DebConf to catch enough signatures
here.

> http://www.debian-administration.org/users/dkg/weblog/48

A word of warning: When following this advises I ended up
with a 1024 Byte *public* key but the secret key is 4096 RSA.
I will not change this now any more because IMHO it is
important to have the secret key at strong level - but
just make sure not to fall in the same trap as me (whatever
this might be).

I actually would not have been hurried to create a new key
if I would not have had the chance to get a lot of signatures
here.