Re: GDCM: Re: Do you need sponsoring for gdcm and igstk ?

Steve,

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Steve M. Robbins<steve@sumost.ca> wrote:
> 1. The comments in Bug #531174 suggest to modify the Build-Depends line
> for mono-devel to:
>
>    mono-devel (>= 2.0) [!alpha !hppa !m68k]

or in the forwarded message from Micro Bauer:

That would work, or do the opposite and list all the mono archs, see
mono's control file for the complete mono arch list:
http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-mono/packages/mono.git;a=blob;f=debian/control;h=49128ec01c49f314c29f919aad9f7e2926583362;hb=master

I like consistency in style, so I choose to follow convention from the
other package.

> whereas you appear to have modified the binary package Architecture
> line for libgdcm-cil instead.  I think the former is correct.  As it
> stands now, the three mono-less architectures will never build the
> package because it is impossible to install mono-devel.  See
> https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=gdcm;ver=2.0.10-3;arch=alpha;stamp=1245079108
> for example.

I still do not understand how I can say: libgdcm-cil Builds-Depends on
mono-devel but not the other binary packages...

> 2. Did you build it with pbuilder?  I tried, but failed:
> [ 85%] *.java -> jar
> File vtk/*.java is missing

I have seen it happens sporadically. This has to do with parallel
building, if you turn it off, you'll see it is building properly. I'll
try to think of a solution.

thanks,
--
Mathieu