Re: [Help] Failed to apply new Python policy to GNUmed packages

For what it's worth here is my concluding suggestion in that bug thread:

-------------
My suggestion would be:

- call gnumed.py with the python -m ... option if that works
  - this would rid us of that hardcoded path - a great thing

- leave modules where they are and GNUmed finds them by default
  - if the Debian package maintainers want to put packages
    elsewhere, fine, as long as the rest of the code finds
    them by default - I am just adverse to including more
    detection logic for no good reason that I can see

If that had been followed no problem would have come up.

The whole problem has ONLY been created by *additionally* moving the
Python files to a private location.

Now, I am surely fine with moving them there -- but as the old adage
goes one needs to walk before one can attempt to run.

Now, again, if you are hell-bent on doing both -- simply adjust
PYTHONPATH in /usr/bin/gnumed as suggested by 0.4.2 upstream.

Karsten