Re: [Help] Failed to apply new Python policy to GNUmed packages

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

-------------
My suggestion would be:

- call gnumed.py with the python -m ... option if that works
 - this would rid us of that hardcoded path - a great thing

- leave modules where they are and GNUmed finds them by default
 - if the Debian package maintainers want to put packages
   elsewhere, fine, as long as the rest of the code finds
   them by default - I am just adverse to including more
   detection logic for no good reason that I can see

If that had been followed no problem would have come up.

Unfortunately thi is not true.  Just try to apply the same packaging as
it was used for 0.3.12 for 0.4.x.  It just fails and I found no reason.
If it would not have failed I would have uploaded a 0.4.0 package
immediately.