Re: Status of ODIN, VISTA and friends

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009, David Paleino wrote:

I am currently working on the packages of LIPSIA (listed at [0]) --
currently mainly for our own lab purposes, but of course also with the
aim to provide an official Debian package.

LIPSIA depending on the VISTA library raises the question if there has
been any progress since [1]? AFAIK there is at least a 'via' package
that might have superseeded the pieces that are needed by LIPSIA, but
then there is also MIA (sorry, no URL).

There was no recent activity that I would know of.  (I keep Helmut Hayd
in CC because he was somehow responsible for coordinating upstream). I
would really love if you would revive the work on it.  I stalled my
efforts because of the completely unclear situation with at least three
different forks of the underlying library and the unclear copyright.
If this would be sorted out I might also spend some time on it regarding
packaging.  For me it is a little bit hard because I do not actively
use these packages and so can not do reasonable tests.

Is anyone working on this issue -- or stopped working on it and could
provide prospective packaging of some form or a status report?

I can't tell, it's some time I don't do much DebianMed-related work :/

Reporting in public aboout current state of your dentist software would
be interesting anyway.

Unfortunately today I had a filesystem crash -- and I thought I had all my
files committed to SVN, but just looking at the freshly checked-out repository,

Good luck to restore your data.

Kind regards and happy new year