Re: Should we use the Ubuntu (or our own) PPA for unfinished packages?

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009, Steffen Moeller wrote:

I became a fan of Morten's PPA, which apparently are little apt repositories for single
developers.

Hmm, could you please be a little bit more verbose than "little apt repositories"?
I can not see any advantage over official apt repositories or the infrastructure
we have at mentors.d.o.

I'd like to see some PPA adapted for Debian med to
* increase awareness of the use of some packages that are not in popcon

I don't think that popcon is the problem.  I think the problem is that
those private repositories aare not on our radar of the Blend tools. This
would be a strong reason against this approach IMHO.

* render quite some packages available to less technical (more biological/medical?) users

IMHO good software deserves to become an official package.  I do not
want to support bad quality software.  So what is the sense of PPA?
Perhaps I'm missing something???