Should we use the Ubuntu (or our own) PPA for unfinished packages?

Hello,

I became a fan of Morten's PPA, which apparently are little apt repositories for single
developers. However, packages do get autobuilt across platforms. And PPA has the
launchpad-typical BTS associated with the packages, too.

I'd like to see some PPA adapted for Debian med to
 * increase awareness of the use of some packages that are not in popcon
 * render quite some packages available to less technical (more biological/medical?) users
 of ours in the first place

The downside of course is that some packages may never leave that stage. But when there
are not users who care - maybe they should not in the first place?

Best,

Steffen