[Debian Wiki] Update of "DebianMedImaging" by AndreasTille

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Debian Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by AndreasTille:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMedImaging

The comment on the change is:
Removed several entries of avialbalbe packages

   * [http://people.debian.org/~igloo/popcon-graphs/index.php?packages=amide+ctn+ctsim+dcmtk+dicomnifti+fsl+fslview+imagej+libinsighttoolkit3.0+libniftiio0+libnifti1+paul+python-nifti+xmedcon&show_installed=on&want_legend=on&beenhere=1 Package popularity statistics]
   * [http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?packages=amide+ctn+ctsim+dcmtk+dicomnifti+fsl+fslview+imagej+insighttoolkit+nifticlib+paul+pynifti+vtk+xmedcon Technical summary] (bugs, version information, ...)
  ||<tablewidth="100%"rowbgcolor="#ccff99">''Name'' ||''Description'' ||''Licence'' ||''Upstream website'' ||
- ||[http://packages.debian.org/unstable/graphics/amide amide] ||AMIDE: (Amide's a Medical Imaging Data Examiner) AMIDE is a tool for viewing and analyzing medical image data sets. It's capabilities include the simultaneous handling of multiple data sets imported from a variety of file formats, image fusion, 3D region of interest drawing and analysis, volume rendering, and rigid body alignments. ||GPL ||[http://amide.sourceforge.net/ link] ||
- ||[http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/ctn ctn] ||The Central Test Node (CTN) software is a DICOM implementation which was designed to be used at the RSNA (Radiological Society of North America) annual meetings to foster cooperative demonstrations by the medical imaging vendors. The goal was to provide a centralized implementation that facilitated vendor participation based on the evolving DICOM standard. ||DFSG compliant ||[http://www.erl.wustl.edu/DICOM/ctn.html link] ||
- ||[http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/ctsim ctsim] ||CTSim provides an interactive computed tomography simulator. Computed tomography is the technique of estimating the interior of an object by on measuring x-ray absorption through an object. It has both command-line tools as well as a graphical user interface. CTSim has very education trace modes for viewing the data collection simulation as well as the reconstruction. ||GPL ||[http://www.ctsim.org/ link] ||
- ||[http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/dcmtk dcmtk] ||DCMTK is a collection of libraries and applications implementing large parts the DICOM standard for medical image communication. It includes software for examining, constructing and converting DICOM image files, handling offline media, sending and receiving images over a network connection, as well as demonstration image storage and worklist servers. DCMTK is written in a mixture of ANSI C and C++. ||BSD ||[http://dicom.offis.de/dcmtk.php.en link] ||
- ||[http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/dicomnifti dicomnifti] ||The dinifti program converts MRI images stored in DICOM format to NIfTI format. Files in the NIfTI format can be used with the programs FSL, AFNI and SPM. Dinifti converts single files, but also supports batch conversions of complete directories. ||GPL ||[https://www.cbi.nyu.edu/public/software/dinifti/ link] ||
- ||[http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/fsl fsl] ||FSL is a comprehensive library of image analysis and statistical tools for fMRI, MRI, and DTI brain imaging data. ||non-free ||[http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/ link] ||
- ||[http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/fslview fslview] ||FSLView is a viewer for 3d and 4d MRI data as well as DTI images. FSLView is able to display ANALYZE and NIFTI files. The viewer supports multiple 2d viewing modes (orthogonal, lightbox or single slices), but also 3d volume rendering. Additionally FSLView is able to visualize timeseries and can overlay metrical and stereotaxic atlas data. FSLView is part of FSL. ||GPL ||[http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslview link] ||
- ||[http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/gwyddion gwyddion] ||Gwyddion is a modular program for Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM) data visualization and analysis. It is primarily intended for analysis of height field data obtained by microscopy techniques like Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM), Magnetic Force Microscopy (MFM), Scanning Tunneling Microscopy (STM), Near-field Scanning Optical Microscopy (SNOM or NSOM) and others. However, it can be used for arbitrary height field and image analysis.||GPL-2+||[http://gwyddion.net/ link] ||
- ||[http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/imagej ImageJ] ||ImageJ is a Java image processing program inspired by NIH Image. It can display, edit, analyze, process, save and print 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit images. It can read many image formats including TIFF, GIF, JPEG, BMP, DICOM, FITS and "raw". ||public domain ||[http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/ link] ||
- ||<style="vertical-align: top;">[http://packages.debian.org/source/insighttoolkit ITK] ||<style="vertical-align: top;">ITK is the Insight Tool Kit: an open-source software toolkit for performing registration and     segmentation.  Segmentation is the process of identifying and classifying     data found in a digitally sampled representation. Typically the sampled     representation is an image acquired from such medical instrumentation as     CT or MRI scanners.  Registration is the task of aligning or developing     correspondences between data. For example, in the medical environment, a     CT scan may be aligned with a MRI scan in order to combine the     information contained in both. ||<style="vertical-align: top;">BSDish ||<style="vertical-align: top;">[http://www.itk.org/ link] ||
- ||[http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/nifticlib nifticlib] ||Niftilib is a set of i/o libraries for reading and writing files in the NIfTI-1 data format. NIfTI-1 is a binary file format for storing medical image data, e.g. magnetic resonance image (MRI) and functional MRI (fMRI) brain images. ||public domain ||[http://niftilib.sourceforge.net link] ||
- ||[http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/paul paul] ||Paul = Program zur Auswertung und Umwandlung von Laserbildern (for non German speakers: Program to evaluate and convert laser images). Especially designed to work with gray scaled image sequences but may be useful for any image. The use of imlib gives great flexibility of file formats and is fast.  Features: move images until they match; cut images precisely; create clickable HTML maps; 2D-FFT; operations onto single image or set of images. ||GPL ||[http://www.physik.uni-halle.de/~e2od5/debian/paul.html link] ||
- ||[http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/pynifti pynifti] || Python interface to the NIfTI I/O libraries ||LGPL ||[http://apsy.gse.uni-magdeburg.de/main/index.psp?page=hanke/pynifti&lang=en link] ||
  ||<style="vertical-align: top;">[http://packages.debian.org/source/vtk VTK] ||<style="vertical-align: top;">VTK is the Visualization Tool Kit: an open source, freely available software system for 3D computer graphics and image processing. ||<style="vertical-align: top;">BSDish ||<style="vertical-align: top;">[http://www.vtk.org/ link] ||
  ||[http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/xmedcon (x)medcon] ||The project name stands for Medical Image Conversion. It provides a flexible command-line utility (for batch conversion) and a neat graphical front-end using the Gtk+ toolkit. The supported formats are: Acr/Nema 2.0, Analyze (SPM), Concorde, DICOM 3.0 (incl. Siemens "mosaic" format), Ecat/Matrix 6.4, InterFile3.3, Gif87a/89a and raw/binary data. The library (libmdc) can be used by other programs for import and export (see e.g. AMIDE) and is extendable for other formats. ||(L)GPL ||[http://xmedcon.sourceforge.net/ link] ||
  == Inoffcial and prospective packages ==