Tracking WNPP bugs and other interesting software

Hi,

you might have noticed that thanks to David Paleino we have a nice
list of packages and also of those projects we would like to have.
The list is generated from the package pool according to the debian-med
package source and from the additional entries about prospective
packages [1].  Because I doubt that many people read cdd-commit mailing
list I would like to let you know that last time there happened a
lot of commits[2] which is a sign that I was very busy to keep track
of our WNPP bugs and other hints for interesting software.

A really great help was the table view on wnpp bug page[3] which
helped me to hunt for our most active ITP/RFPers ;-) of micro
biological packages.  So I regard the field of micro biology
on our tasks pages now complete.  You might have noticed that
the entry "Molecular Biology and Medical Genetics" now points
to the dynamically created page.

We should think about the usage of the wiki page DebianMedBio[4].
I regard this page as a useful enhancement because it does some
reasonable subgrouping and links to popularity contest.  I wonder
how I could/should apply popcon stuff on the tasks page and whether
we should implement some subgrouping as well.  Because I have no
real solution for the tasks page for the moment I would like to
keep DebianMedBio Wiki page as is.  Perhaps we should add an
option for newcommers to enter projects in a simple Wiki-ish
way if they found something that is missing on our tasks page.
Some kind of missing things collection that should be moved to
the tasks page.

The next target will be our second largest section: Medical Imaging.
I will verify that every entry at the static page will be available
at the dynamically created tasks page and will check WNPP bugs
for missing entries in our tasks file.

Regarding the DebianMedImaging Wiki[5] I have some mixed feelings.
I was never really happy about this page because it took away the
pressure to update the static page on our web page.   Now when we
establish a replacement for the static page I would like to remove
all those entries from the Wiki that are available on the autogenerated
tasks page.  The goal is to move all Wiki entries to the tasks
page and as I suggested above leave it for newcommers who
hesitate to check in their changes into CDD svn.

What do you think about this?  (I regard no answer als agreement
and will start polishing the Wiki Page next week.)

[1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/
[2] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/cdd-commits/2008-March/thread.html
[3] http://wnpp.debian.net/
[4] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMedBio