Re: Packaging Mauve and libClustalW

Hi again Andreas,

Andreas Tille wrote:
Aaron, just for the sake of my private packaging: Do I understand
things right that your libMUSCLE is a replacement for libClustalW
and I might be able to drop libClustalW in favour of libMUSCLE?
My plan is to work on Mauve Debian packages in my private repository
until the issues above will be solved nicely.

Yes, libMUSCLE and libClustalW provide redundant functionality from Mauve's point of view. The libMems codebase had been relying on clustalw for a few functions, and as of today I have removed those dependencies and updated libMems and mauveAligner accordingly. It should now be possible to build everything without libClustalW.

-Aaron