Re: GDCM2 : An Open Source DICOM library

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 9:57 AM, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Mar 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:
>
>  > Le Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 12:34:09AM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :
>  >>
>  >>   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging.php
>  >
>  > Oops, it is borken.
>
>  Yes, I checked in a workaround for it.  The problem ist the unquoted
>  '&' in the URL which is noz (yet) handled by update-tasks.  I'll try
>  to fix this soon (if I'll find the time here at LinuxTag Chemnitz)
>

>  > Mathieu, how did you generate the .deb ? If you went through a Debian
>  > source package, can you publish its sources somewhere, so that we review
>  > them ?
>
>  This would actually be a very good idea.

GDCM was written to be cross-platform, to ease the pain of
cross-platform devpt we choose cmake (http://cmake.org see also the
KDE success story in transitioning to cmake) to manage the build
process. So what you call 'debian package' are simply the lines
refering to *cpack* in this file:

  http://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gdcm/trunk/CMakeLists.txt?view=markup

AFAIK CMake does not generate debian source package, since the binary
debian package can simply be generated from the cmake project file
itself.

For some info on cpack, see:

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Packaging_With_CPack

Here is the list of supported packages file formats:

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackPackageGenerators

Let me know if you have any further questions,
--
Mathieu