Re: RFS: mustang, btk-core

Le Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 04:00:21PM +0100, Morten Kjeldgaard a écrit :
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "mustang" (ITP Bug #459637)
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "btk-core".

Dear Morten, nice work ! Here are a few comments en vrac.

If you want to collaboratively maintain the packages within the Debian-Med
team, please use the following in your control file:
Maintainer: Debian-Med Packaging Team <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Uploaders: Morten Kjeldgaard <mok@bioxray.dk>

Because it seems that you are experienced in packaging, I would suggest
you to directly add the following field as well.
XS-DM-Upload-Allowed: Yes

This would allow you to upload updates without the help of a sponsor
once the package is accepted if you apply to become a "Debian
Maintainer". In that case I would prefer that the initial sponsoring
would be done by a DD from Debian-Med, to make clear that the Debian-Med
packaging team welcomes your uploads. To know more about Debian
Maintaiers, please read the following :
http://wiki.debian.org/Maintainers

For the copyright files, you may be interested by the proposed
machine-parsable format described in the following link. Although no
parser has been written yet, it could be useful to start to use it:
http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat

About the manpages, many thanks for writing them. Have you considered
submitting them upstream ?

I have a few comments specific to btk-core:
  - why providing libbtk-core-dev but not libbtk-core ?
  - libbtk-core-dev should probably be in the libdevel section.
  - in your changelog, a colon is missing: (Closes: #459753)
  - how about packaging the docs as well ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian-Med packaging team