Re: BioCocoa

Le Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 11:40:11PM -0700, Scott Christley a écrit :

> The sequence converter code doesn't seem to compile with version 2.X,
> so I think it needs to either be rewritten or maybe functionality is
> missing from 2.X, I'm not sure which.  But I guess if we split the
> old/new biococoa into two packages, we can still provide the old
> application until its working in the new version.

As you renamed both the source and binary packages 'biococoa', removing
the '.app' part, the current 'biococoa.app' package will stay in Debian
after we upload your work. If building SequenceConverter with BioCocoa
2.X is not possible, then I propose to rename the current biococoa.app
package "sequenceconverter.app", to avoid further confusions. I created
a sequenceconverter.app directory in our repository, in which we can do
further work on this package an prepare a renaming if needed (actually
much of the renaming was already prepared a few weeks ago but was
reverted because it would have been too intrusive for a last-minute
upload to our next release). From now on you can erase legacy files
related to SequenceConverter in the 'biococoa' package.

By the way, for the write access to our repository, please create a
guest account on http://alioth.debian.org, and apply to the debian-med
group: http://alioth.debian.org/project/request.php?group_id=30063

You are always welcome to ask questions before committing, and anyway,
there is no automatic update of the Debian packages from our work in
progress, so you do not risk to break thinks in our users' computers.
(An we also keep an eye on the commits through a dedicated mailing list:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-med-commit/ )

About the build error I reported, you found the answer:

> either gnustep-base is not installed, or  somehow the environment is
> not setup.  The header files should reside  under
> /usr/include/GNUstep.  Maybe the dependencies for the package are not
> defined properly?

Indeed, I needed to install libgnustep-base-dev. We will need to add it
in the "Build-Depends:" field of debian/control, otherwise autobuilding
may fail.

Many thanks for your work! I was a bit embarassed when I discovered
that our biococoa.app package did not contain BioCocoa, and you came
right in time :)

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,