Re: Re: BioPuppy

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 Andreas Tille wrote :

>At first I would like to say that I have some backlog caused by the Debian
>Conference in Mar del Plata and only had a very quick look at BioPuppy web
>site.  Inspired by the discussions at DebConf I wonder whether it might make
>sense if you would use Debian Live using the Debian Med packaged software
>to create BioPuppy.  This might drastically reduce the work you need to do
>to build up to date BioPuppy images.

Dear Andreas,
Thank you for all your suggestions & the useful infos. I dont have any idea about "why not Debian Live". But I have few positive points here about "Why in Puppy Linux". Early my motivation was, they [bioinfo novice people] want to use the Linux and open source. There are more than thousands of Linux are available here. But unfortunately, very few only accepted by end users. We have different types of advantages & drawbacks in every Linux. But from the novice end user's point of view, they have only one expectation. That is user friendly. I found Puppy Linux is the one, the novice people are easily work without any fear.
Ofcourse, Now I need to concentrate on packages, update, repositories, etc. I am sure, I will go through the Debian Live.

>I'm quite in a hurry to copy with other
>backlog things and so this hint is a little bit short - feel free to ask for
>details here on this list in case the hint is a little bit to short.  I
>might elaborate in more detail until end of week.

Surely, I will get back to you, once I need help in this issue.
Thank you for your encouragement.

-Prakash