Re: Dentist Management Software

On Thu, 22 May 2008 22:44:39 +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > GNUmed is rather complex
>
> It is not any more complex than it needs to be.

Oh well, it is "complex" to me. I'm not a *real* Python coder, I can just put
together some lines...

> Yes, it solves quite a few infrastructure coding problems all of which,
> however, will need to be solved by your eventual software, too (localization,
> translation, modules, logging, error handling, database access, what-not).

That's rather easy in a language you know (-- I don't really know Python, I go
by trial-and-error ;) )

> In fact, GNUmed is a lot less complex semantically than what it needs to
> become - it doesn't cover any billing or prescribing so far.

True, and I'd need that as well.

> > and is meant for general-purpose medicine.
>
> This is true. However, any doctor needs patient management.

Sure :)

> > Dentists need a more specific software (i.e. usually they also have a
> > printout of teeth to click on and select treatment).
>
> That would be fairly easy to add.

Again, for any *python coder* ;)
I feel far more comfortable with C#, which OpenDental is written in.

Anyway, I'll look at GNUmed again, I promise :)

Thanks for your reply,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino