Re: Avida something for us?

Le Fri, May 09, 2008 at 08:48:10AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I stumbled upon
>
> Package: avida-base
>  Avida is an auto-adaptive genetic system designed
>  primarily for use as a platform in Digital or
>  Artificial Life research. In lay terms, Avida is a
>  digital world in which simple computer programs
>  mutate and evolve.
>
> Do you think this is something for us and if yes, what category?

Hi Andreas,

I think that it is borderline : we removed a package a bit similar from
med-bio some time ago (bugsx). However, Avida seems to be more related
to the field of biology.

If we add avida-base, then we should consider matrem and achilles as
well. Alternatively, those three could be part of a debian-science
metapackage.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles