Re: Avida something for us?

On Sat, 10 May 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:

I think that it is borderline : we removed a package a bit similar from
med-bio some time ago (bugsx).

Well, IMHO bugsx was definitely something else.

However, Avida seems to be more related to the field of biology.

Definitely more than bugsx which was really just a game.  But I'm not
yet convinced that it is something for us.

If we add avida-base, then we should consider matrem and achilles as
well.

I somehow fail to see real relevance for all of them.

Alternatively, those three could be part of a debian-science
metapackage.

This might be worth discussing even if I'm not sure for what meta
package (which category).