Installation of suggested packages: recursive or not?

Le Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 02:05:05PM -0400, Joe Smith a écrit :
> >On Wed, 19 Mar 2008, Don Armstrong wrote:
> >>
> >>apt-get -o APT::Install-Suggests=true install foo; or similar.

> I will say the following. I fully agree that "--install-suggests" should
> exist, and should do the right thing.

Hi all,

I was about to submit a wishlist bug, and then wondererd: isn't '-o
APT::Install-Suggests=true' recursive? (In the sense that it will also
add the suggested packages from the suggested packages.) The
--install-suggests I have in my mind is not: the user cases would be
with our CDD metapackages, that either Recommend or Suggest, or packages
like t-coffee or bioperl that have a long list of suggested packages
that are usually dispensable.

By this mail, I just would like to check that those use cases are not
corner cases, and that asking for a non-recursive "--install-suggests"
option also makes sense to others.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles