Re: Debian's use in the Human Genome Project mentioned in the The Guardian

Le Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 05:46:48PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Tim Cutts wrote:
>
> >A couple of weeks ago The Guardian ran a story about computing and DNA
> >sequencing where I work at the Sanger Institute, and it's nice to note
> >that they actually mention that we use Debian:
> >
> >http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/feb/28/research.computing
>
> BTW, is there any chance that you might support the Debian-Med project
> by helping out in packaging those free software developed at Sanger.
> We once had some discussion about this where some questions left open.
> Just have a look at
>
>    http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio.php#debs-not-available

Hi Tim,

congratulations for the article !

I have the feeling that there are not that many free tools to deal with
next-generation sequences. Please let us know if we overlooked some, I
really think that it would be important to have them as packages.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org