Re: GDCM2 : An Open Source DICOM library

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

A long time ago I requested someone to take over packaging for GDCM.

Well, unfortunately our man power is limited even if we are perfectly
willing to support you.  Sometimes we also just forget something.  At
last this should not happen from now on any more because we now
maintain a list of prospective packages at

  http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging.php

(Hmmm, in principle gdcm should be listed _now_ because I just
added it to the propestive packages and regenerated the page, but
obviousely we need another round of debugging ...)

3 years later the project has grown up and is now in its second
generation, we moved the development over to sf.net. The source code
is distributed under a new style BSD license. And package for debian
are available under the file section:

svn:
http://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gdcm/trunk/

debian package
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=137895&package_id=197047

This is really great and enhances the chances for inclusion into
Debian drastically.

What do I need else to make it officially a debian package ?

I really hope that somebody would find some time to verify your package
and then we can sponsor it to official Debian.  My personal schedule will
not allow this for the next two weeks.  But please don't be shy and ask
in about three weeks again if nobody volunteered to have a look until
than.

Thanks for your consideration,

Thank you for your very interesting input and sorry if we seemed to
have forgot you after your first mail.