Re: AutoDock - comments on packaging, please.

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Steffen Moeller wrote:

if some of you could cross-check my packaging of AutoDock, please? Any
feedback that would prevent a rejection from our ftp-gate would be
appreciated. I personally think that it is fine but I have overseen
issues in the past.

Well, I had a look on the Debian directory yesterday in the
evening.  The onling thing you might like to include in control is

  DM-Upload-Allowed: yes

but that's not really relevant for FTP master rejection and perhaps
even intended.

I also wonder if we really should

  Suggests: popularity-contest

It does not harm, but I don't think that somebody who refused to
install popcon otherwise will think about the decision because
autodock is suggesting it.  (As above - only a nitpicking comment...)

I did not builded the package and no lintian checks for sure, but
it looks clean from my perception.  Well, everybody has overseen
sometimes issues in the past - I don't think that is something
someone will really blame you.  If I were you I would go for the
upload.

Thanks for working on this

        Andreas.

PS: I just added

Depends: autodock, autogrid
Why: This is just in SVN and hopefully an upload will happen soon.

to tasks/bio.