Re: CTN and MESA

On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 22:06 +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 02:52:03PM +0100, RKI Andreas wrote:
>
> >> Is there any interest to package MESA for Debian-med?
> >
> > Well, it sounds like medicine related free software
>
> MESA seems to be a suite of tools for testing IHE
> conformance.

IHE: Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise

http://www.ihe.net/participation/index.cfm#MESA

MESA Test Tools
"Another important element of the IHE testing process is the set of
software tools HIMSS and RSNA have commissioned. Developed by the
Electronic Radiology Laboratory at the Mallinckrodt Institute of
Radiology, Washington University of St. Louis, the MESA tools are
designed for use by participating companies in implementing IHE
capabilities in their systems and preparing for the Connectathon. Their
purpose is to provide communication partners, test data and test plans
to allow organizations to provide a baseline level of testing as they
implement the IHE Technical Framework. These tools are made available to
participants during the period of an IHE demonstration year and are then
released into the public domain at the end of that cycle. The latest
version of the MESA Test Tools available in the public domain can be
found here."

This kind of software is definitively valuable for information systems
vendors and imaging systems vendors. I hope someone has enough time to
maintain MESA in Debian.

Kind regards
Dominique