Re: Packaging AxPcoords for Debian

Hi David,

AxPcoords.c:171: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function ‘strcpy’
AxPcoords.c:181: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function ‘strcat’
AxPcoords.c:199: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function ‘strcpy’

But I've added a patch, this is a minor issue.

Thanks.

The real issue is this:

gcc  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -D_USE_LAPACK -D_USE_ACML
-I../acml3.6.0/gnu32/include/ -c  AxPcoords.c -o AxPcoordsACML.o
AxPcoords.c:47:18: error: acml.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [AxPcoordsACML.o] Error 1

Evidently, there is a problem with the include path that needs to be updated "-I../acml3.6.0/gnu32/include/"
or adapted to your local installation.

However, I would just use the GSL instead of ACML for AxPcoords.
The main reason for this is that in a typical analysis using the AxPcoords
and AxParafit programs, the execution times for AxPcoords are significantly smaller than
those of AxParafit, thus it does not matter that much if AxPcoords does not use a highly optimized
LAPACK library.

I guess that this will make your life much easier.

Cheers,

Alexis

I've already contacted AMD (yes, I did, really) to ask if they could relicense
their ACML under a free license (GPL/BSD/Artistic/...). Here's their reply: