Re: MeshLab something for us?

Le Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 07:33:59PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, David Paleino wrote:
>
> >I believe it's something more related to Graphics (like blender, gimp, ...)
> >than Medicine/Biology/Science
>
> Sure.  I would list it as "suggests" at maximum and I do not think that
> we should put an effort on it regarding taking over it in our team
> maintainance.  But it might perhaps give a hint for somebody who is
> doing medical imaging.  Similarly I putted imagemagick on "Suggests"
> for med-imaging because it is just handy if you are doing imaging
> tasks but has no specific relation to medical imaging.

I made a Google search with "meshlab medical" as a keyword, and it did
not bring much true positives, showing that its ties with medical
practice are weak. I suggest that we list that kind of software as
"suggests" only if we want them in our radar. Otherwise, I think that
Debtags will help the users to find their way in the general purpose
imaging software. (And of course, I have nothing against having meshlab
in our radar).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles