Re: Group policy draft

Il giorno Fri, 1 Feb 2008 15:41:03 +0100 (CET)
Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> ha scritto:

> On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, David Paleino wrote:
>
> > And, also, now the pdf is automagically generated on commit of policy.tex :)
>
> I checked in some additions to policy.tex.
> Besides the discussion about storing a PDF in SVN or not I wonder
> whether the PDF for the web page is the right format to go.  I do
> not like menus that point to different things as normal web pages
> and pdf and perhaps to something else.

Sure.
PDF is the "well-formatted" version, useful to be brought at DebConfs, ...
I was thinking also to provide an HTML version. See my last commit logs :)

> IMHO we should choose a source format that allows generation of
> HTML and PDF.  This might be latex and we could process this through
> latex2html or some other format.  Debian SGML comes to mind.  I used
> it for CDD documentation and I can not say that I like it but its
> usage seems to be consequent at least for Debian documentation.
> You can convert to HTML and PDF.

I really like LaTeX, and I'd like to use that as long as possible.
But I've also tried latex2html (and pdftohtml), but they really output ugly
HTML pages. I need to google more though (I've seen something about "mzlatex"
on gentoo.org, but have to try myself)

> I do not regard this issue as really important because I do care more
> about content than form but I at least wanted to raise this issue.

You did "the right thing"®.

> Regarding content:  David, you did a really good job.  I have no
> further comments than I just have added to SVN.

Thank you,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino