Re: [odin-devel] Broken (lib)vista version number

Il giorno Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:58:52 +0100
Thies Jochimsen <thies@jochimsen.de> ha scritto:

> Hi David,

Hi Thies,

> OK, so the versioning of vista clashes with libtool's policy. For Debian lib
> packages, does the version number of the package have to be identical with
> the version number of the installed file? If not, we could simply set the
> version to 0.0.0 and increment it as necessary.

I'll ask on debian-devel. I'll CC you.

> Also, vista is not crucial for odin, it is just an optional package (at
> compile time) to import/export vista files.

That could always be a Recommends: for odin ;)

> And I think my Institute
> (www.cbs.mpg.de) is the only left to use this format. So we could skip vista
> altogether and move on to odin...

Well, you really can't be sure. Let me ask, and let's decide together.

> > Well, first of all, rip off any debian/ directory from your sources :)
> > That directory is not meant to be included upstream; it's our job ;).
>
> Ok, I removed it in the repository. I will upload a new dist tarball as soon
> as we have sorted out the problem with the versioning...

Sure, I'll let you know.

Thank you,
David

--