Re: Proposal :)

Il giorno Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:41:43 +0200 (CEST)
Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> ha scritto:

> On Mon, 1 Oct 2007, David Paleino wrote:
>
> > In pkg-perl we have kinda the same thing:
> >
> > http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/qa/versions.html
>
> Any source code for this available?

Sure, it's in pkg-perl's SVN repository, see the scripts in:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-perl/scripts/qa/?rev=0&sc=0

> >> Well, parsing the diff.gz is one thing but I think we better relay on
> >> the dpkg / apt-get information that is provided via a common interface.
> >> The approach to parse the diff files sounds kind of hackish.
> >
> > Well, consider that the original thing was created to be run from PHP-CLI.
> > I've just adapted it to web (file uploads - <br />'s instead of \n's...)
>
> Fine, but you could access dpkg / apt-cache in both cases as well or is
> there any problem?

Uhm, yes... I didn't think to that, as the original script was meant to be a
suggestion to mentors.debian.net guys to retrieve more information for their
RFS templates ;)

(I usually use combinations of apt-cache, dpkg, grep and sed to retrieve what I
need :) )

> >>     - Field (done by listing it in the according task file)
> >>     - URL
> >
> > Parsable in debian/control (we now have Homepage: field - as discussed on
> > debian-devel)
>
> Sure, but I was talking about software that has not got any debian/control
> file and which is just on our todo list.  For instance if you look at

Right, sorry.

> > (I've written a bit of perl script which retrieves the WNPP bug number from
> > http://bugs.debian.org/wnpp -- not from debian/. We can use it)
>
> Sounds interesting.

I've embedded it in dh-make-perl. If you have it, my code is in version 0.32.
Or you can take a look at it:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-perl/trunk/dh-make-perl/dh-make-perl?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

look at the function get_itp($packagename):

sub get_itp {
    use WWW::Mechanize;

    my ($package) = shift @_;

    my $wnpp =
"http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=wnpp;includesubj=ITP:
$package";
    my $mech = WWW::Mechanize->new();
    $mech->get($wnpp);

    my @links = $mech->links();

    foreach my $link (@links) {
        my $desc = $link->text();

        return $1 if $desc =~ /^#(\d+): ITP: $package /;
    }
    return 0;
}

> > What do you mean here?

Understood, thanks for the explanation.

> There is surely no reason against it.  I was just preparing to move this
> thread to the debian-custom mailing list - perhaps I'll write a summary
> once we settled down this discussion.

I'm not subscribed to that list, should I? I'm not really interested in general
CDD discussions. Is it a high-volume list?

> > P.S.: /me goes to study -- Laboratory Diagnostics exams on Oct, 9th. :(
>
> Good luck
>
>           Andreas.

Thank you,
David