Re: BioPerl 1.5 lintian warnings

Dear Charles and dear Davide,

On Wednesday 12 September 2007 04:10:08 Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 10:01:38PM +0200, David Paleino a écrit :
> > Steffen Moeller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> ha scritto:
> > > Hello, the section of the man pages is not identical to the specified
> > > section. 3pm != 3
> > > Is there something we could do about it? This is an upstream issue,
> > > isn't it?
> >
> > I think we could patch the manpages, or rename them to reflect the
> > section they specify. Couldn't we?
>
> since bioperl1.5 is a development release, it would make sense to rather
> report the bug in upstream's bugzilla, and optionaly to open a bug in
> our BTS to track the issue...

I digged a bit deeper and sent a bug report that includes a patch to the
maintainers of the libmodule-build-perl package. It is not an issue of Perl,
which is why I could not find it at first sight. See bug #441987 if
interested.

Btw, the current 1.4 release of BioPerl does not work for me any more, at
least not for the retrieval of entries from SWISS-PROT. This very same past
1.4 code of mine works with 1.5 again, though. Has anyone else experienced
something similar? I'd feel rather positive about a transition to 1.5 from my
current (rather limited, admittedly) experiences.

Best regards

Steffen

--

Dr. Steffen Möller