Re: emboss-explorer: status

Il giorno Wed, 30 May 2007 08:46:29 -0300
"Nelson A. de Oliveira" <naoliv@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi David!

Hi Nelson :-)

> Sorry for the delay. I was moving to a new job, I have 341 emails on
> inbox... it's a mess here :-)

Don't worry, not a problem :-)

> If everything went fine, emboss-explorer is now waiting on the NEW
> queue.

Yes, it is :-)

> And just two doubts, that can be fixed on a new release after (if it's
> really necessary to fix): emboss-explorer depends on emboss and
> emboss-data, but emboss already depends on emboss-data, so a depends
> on emboss-data shouldn't be necessary (unless one day emboss stops
> depending on emboss-data).

You're right, I added emboss-data as a dependency just to be sure that
everything works fine (suppose an emboss upgrade with transitional
packages, ...)

> Charles, is it possible that some day emboss won't depends anymore on
> emboss-data?

Personally, I don't think so. I think that some problems can only come
up with different versions.

> And the other doubt is why apache is used first (also on the depends
> line), instead apache2 (seems that Andreas also has this doubt). I
> think that if a user selects the "Web-server task" while installing
> Debian, he will get apache2 installed.

Ehm... you're right, but it's a minor issue ;-)

> But as I said, they can be fixed later, if needed.
>
> Thank you!

Thank you for uploading emboss-explorer!

> Best regards,
> Nelson

Have a nice day,
David