Re: emboss-explorer: status

Le Wed, May 30, 2007 at 08:46:29AM -0300, Nelson A. de Oliveira a écrit :

> Charles, is it possible that some day emboss won't depends anymore on
> emboss-data?

That is what I said before, but I suddenly have a doubt. Emboss-explorer
needs the acd files from emboss-data, and the binary files from emboss.
I think that the binary files from emboss need the acd files as well, so
as long as emboss contains them it will depend on emboss-data. But if
some day they are moved in another binary package, then emboss-explorer
will need to depend on it so in the end, I think that directly depending
on emboss-data is some kind of over-engeneering.

Anyway, we have to move the binaries in /usr/lib, so we will have to
patch emboss-explorer to use this path, so there will be opportunities
to change things in the control file...

Many thanks for the upload,

--
Charles