Logos

Hi

Looking at the logos proposed I like most number 5 - at least from the looks. But I'd like to point out that the caduceus actually is not the correct symbol for medicine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus

I think for the big logo the snake could just wind up the "i" in Debian as it does in the Rod of Asclepios.

For the small logo I think the snake in the swirl like in the one from Michael Danner is nice. However, that should be revised by a graphics person. The big logos with the snake seem too heavy to me and the snake does not have a recognizable form as a medical symbol.

Concerning the discussion about the red cross symbol I would like to remind to the email from Charles Plessy from Dec. 6 where he pointed out that the symbol is actually a trademark from Johnson & Johnson.
I think, however it really is legally, it seems a bit "too hot" to use it.

Happy new year,
David