MEME: free (as in free beer) for non-commercial use only.

Le Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 02:22:23PM +0100, Steffen Moeller a écrit :

> > > MEME is missing ... but unfree, from partially the same authors, though.
> >
> > It is "free enouth" for non-free.  Did you asked the authors whether it
> > can be released under a free license?
>
> Could someone else go for that, please?

It seems that they have give licence for non-commercial use at no
charge, and that they sell licences for commercial use. It is different
from some labs which forbid commercial use just for the sake of it
witout making money. Therefore, I do not think that it is worth the
effort enquiring if they are interested to relicence under a DFSG-free
software (unless they do not manage to sell commercial licences),
because they will probably say no.

http://invent.ucsd.edu/onlinelicensing/07MEME_v3_site_v24_S.pdf
http://meme.nbcr.net/meme/COPYRIGHT.html

Have a nice day,