Distribution of MEME by Debian GNU/Linux

Hello,

inside Debian exists an effort to build a complete medical palttform
including preclinical research and thus we have a quite strong focus
on microbiology.  The project is called Debian-Med and you can read
about this at

       http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/

There would be a particular interest to also include MEME into the
Debian distribution and thus becoming part of Debian-Med.  According
to your license this would be possible only in the so called non-free
section because it conflicts with the Debian Free Software Guidelines

       http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines

because there is a restriction to commercial use.  The non-free
section is no official part of Debian (as a volunteer project we
are not allowed to provide non-free stuff) and thus there are
some technical drawbacks if a software can only be placed under
non-free.  We certainly understand your intention you put in
the license but we would like to politely ask whether you see
any chance to release MEME with a free license like BSD, MPL or
GPL.

Kind regards and thanks for providing MEME