Re: Maintain Xmedcon package in SVN?

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, Roland Marcus Rutschmann wrote:

I applied the patch for 9.10-2 which also fixed 2 other small issues and will
upload it as soon as ftp-master ist up again.

Great.  I hope the ftp-master issue will be fixed soon - I have to
three packages ready waiting for an upload...

I'll also pass the patch upstream.

Fine.

I don't mind giving work to others ;-) but
a) I haven't looked at debian-med svn yet. One problem might be, that I have
to patch the original source to replace the gif and libraries with dummy
versions for legal reasons. Would that be a problem?

Well, we agreed to the policy that we will not check in orig.tar.gz but
try to use dpatch or quilt to accumulate all patches inside the debian
directory.  If your orig.tar.gz differs (for legal or whatever reasons)
from the download tarball, just provide a get-orig-source target in your
debian/rules file that enables creating the orig.tar.gz.  (I personally
use a debian/get-orig-source script that is called in the get-orig-source
target.)  This might be some more effort compared to just patching the
files directly but I learned that it is worth the effort.

b) I also patched v0.9.10 to take out the nifti source completely which I have
now recognized is more difficult to maintain than leaving that unused part in
the source and just compile against the debian libnifti. I'll change that
with the next upstream version.

Well, this nifti removal would be a task for get-orig-source.

If a) isn't a problem I'd switch to svn after b) has changed (with the next
upstream version).

Fine.