Re: Maintain Xmedcon package in SVN?

On Thursday 08 November 2007 14:07, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Roland,

Hi,

> after filing a bug against libmdc2-dev I noticed that also other
> packages show the same problem and there is even a bug report with
> a fix.  This enabled me to easily find a patch for the problem
> I reported as bug #450589:
> ... Patch included

I applied the patch for 9.10-2 which also fixed 2 other small issues and will
upload it as soon as ftp-master ist up again. Apparently the problem only
occurs with automake-1.9.

I'll also pass the patch upstream.

> I wonder if you would be interested in checking in the packaging stuff
> of xmedcon into Debian-Med SVN to enable easy group maintainance.  This
> would enhance chances that a fix can be found and implemented quickly.
>
> What do you think about this?

I don't mind giving work to others ;-) but
a) I haven't looked at debian-med svn yet. One problem might be, that I have
to patch the original source to replace the gif and libraries with dummy
versions for legal reasons. Would that be a problem?

b) I also patched v0.9.10 to take out the nifti source completely which I have
now recognized is more difficult to maintain than leaving that unused part in
the source and just compile against the debian libnifti. I'll change that
with the next upstream version.

If a) isn't a problem I'd switch to svn after b) has changed (with the next
upstream version).

Regards and thanks,

Roland

Roland Marcus Rutschmann <rudi@debian.org>