Re: Contribution

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007, Martha Angela Wilcox wrote:

I'd like to help with Debian Med, but there's not a lot of information
on the wiki about how to get started. Let me know what I can do to help
out.

Many thanks for your kind offer to help.  We could perfectly need a lot
of help on different things.  To find out how you could effectively help
best it would be nice if you would give some kind of introduction about
yourself.

Some main fields would be:

   - Enhancing documentation in Wiki and Web pages (you just stumpled about
     a weak point here) :)
   - Observing available free medical software that is not yet included
     and not yet listed under the categorized software projects on
       http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/
   - File bug reports about existing Debian packages of medical software
     or discuss general issues of usability
   - Pick your favourite free medical software and build Debian packages
     from it.
   - Enhance our infrastructure regarding documentation in the Web or
     help on building meta packages.

You see there is a wide spectrum of work that could be done but it requires
different skills and thus a short introduction could help to find the
best way to work on the project.