Re: BioImageSuite

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Charles Plessy wrote:

Added to the lists on website and the wiki,

Thanks.  I started adding this to the tasks files in the debian-med
source package and hope to work on David's code to build the
web pages automatically.  Unfortunately some work on basic cdd-dev
tools have to be done first.

By the way, I wonder if extracting automatically the description would
not better, since it could take advantage of translations...

Well, I definitely thought about this for a future version (in fact this
idea was the reason I started thinking about the auto generation to avoid
doubling the effort of translations), but I think we have to preprocess
the pages for different languages based on the descriptions because I'm
afraid that we would get performance problems if we would process the
pages for each language at runtime.

Using python-apt this sounds really easy to accomplish because when
I tried some examples I easily got German translations for the descriptions.
So the main thing we should keep in mind is enabling our pages from
the beginning for different languages.