Request for Alioth

Hi (CC-ing to Debian-Med),
I'm a member of the Debian-Med team, and I've ultimately been working on our
homepage at http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org .
We'd like to have some "stats" about our packages (i.e. bugs, versions in
distributions, ...). As concerns the bugs, I thought we could use (from PHP):

1) ldap component to query bts2ldap.debian.net; but the ldap component is not
installed;
2) soap component to query the Debbugs SOAP interface; but Alioth has php4,
which doesn't carry soap with it.

I've already talked long to Raphael Hertzog about this: he suggested me that
having a dynamic page always generate the results might carry some latency to
the end-user. So he suggested to make a cronjob with a tool that generated a
static page.

So I thought at this tool: python (import SOAPpy failed), perl (use SOAP::Lite
failed), someone on the debian-med list suggested Ruby, but I didn't want to try
just to fail again.

So, the question is: is there any chance of an upgrade to PHP5 (that has soap
integrated, plus many other features over PHP4) for Alioth? Or is it better that
I create my own tool (Python, Perl, Ruby, $whatever), and then ask you to
install the required components / dependencies?

Kind Regards,
David Paleino
Debian-Med Team

P.S.: sorry if I've been a bit long, but I wanted to clearly explain what we
(Debian-Med) need :)

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://snipurl.com/qa_page/
 : :'  :  Linuxer #334216  |  http://www.hanskalabs.net/