Re: Packaging EMBASSY.

Il giorno Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:59:25 +0200 (CEST)
Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> ha scritto:

> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, David Paleino wrote:
>
> > I don't really like CDBS, it's like a black box to me. I mean, you just
> > include makefiles, and don't know what they're doing behind the curtains. I
> > prefer debhelper makefiles (the "classic" debian/rules with dh_* calls),
> > which let you define each action of the build process.

> Calling CDBS magic behind the curtains would apply as well to the
> debhelper scripts: Why not using plain shell programming instead of
> using those magical dh_* scripts?

Those dh_* scripts are well documented in manpages, so you can easily access
them while you're in shell. For CDBS, I haven't found any reliable
documentation, only http://build-common.alioth.debian.org/ , but it seems like
links are not working. Even the project's homepage on alioth has no
documentation.

I believe, however, this is a matter of tastes. For my packages I think I'll
use debhelper, probably I'll learn something of CDBS when needed.

> Kind regards
>          Andreas.

Have a nice day,
David