Automatic tarball retreival

Le Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 10:42:04AM +0200, Steffen Moeller a écrit :

> For the direct use of svn-buildpackage it is only the source that is missing,
> isn't it? uscan should in most cases deliver that, probably move it to the
> wrong directory, though, or does it inspect debian/.svn ?

Hi Steffen,

good idea !

How about a command such as debian/rules tarballs, which would create
the directory if necessary and use uscan to download the latest sources
there? I have implemented it in the `melting' package and it seems to
work well. For the packages without watch file, debian/rules tarballs
could do the things by hand...

Here is an example.

# This is useful to download the orig.gz sources before running svn-buildpackage
tarballs:
        [ -d ../tarballs ] || mkdir ../tarballs
        uscan --force-download
        mv ../melt* ../tarballs

As you can see, code factorisation is not 100 %, but on the other hand, the
specific parts are trivial.

Alternatively, there is an interesting option in svn-buildpackage,
--svn-prebuild. (See the example of the manpage).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org